Playa Azul from the beach area; patio areas are under the thatched roof
Pool is along the ocean; palapa patio areas are on the left
Another view of the house and pool with privacy hedge
Oceanfront palapas provide shade along the beach
Palapas and beach chairs on the sandy shores of Tankah
Have your breakfast alfresco overlooking the turquoise sea
A selection of colorful kayaks wait for a tour of the bay
- Maid service 6 days per week
- Linens and towels included
- Purified bottled water
- Cook service available
- Fully equipped kitchen (unless noted)
- 75 meters (240 feet) of sandy beach
- Private Swimming Pool
- Palapa patio and terraces
- Beach towels
- Large second floor balcony for sun; and shaded palapa area for relaxation (with hammocks and hammock chairs)
- Cook available to prepare breakfast and dinner with advance notice INCLUDED in the villa rental 6 days a week. Monday-Saturday, make your choices from our menu. (Groceries not included). You can do the shopping, or for a small delivery fee, the cook will purchase everything that's needed
- Caretakers live in separate casita
- 3 large bedrooms with king-size beds, digital safes and air conditioning, and 3 bathrooms, all with showers. Two bedrooms have an additional large window seat that's a perfect bed for a child
- Marble countertops and gourmet kitchen with culinary cookware
- Built-in gas grill
- Satellite TV, DVD, Stereo, CD player. Movies and popular children's video collection.
- Stereo includes iPod docking station
- Two single sea kayaks and one double sea Kayak, complete snorkel gear for adults and children, and other recreational equipment
- Outdoor fresh water shower area near beach
- Laundry Service is available for a nominal fee
- Selection of toys and outdoor furniture for small children
- Masseuse and cosmetologist available by appointment
- WiFi internet
- Vonage phone for free calls to US
- 4 safes - one in each bedroom and one in the kitchen area, bring your own lock
|BR #1: Main floor, 1 king, 1 set bunk beds, private bath, oceanview
BR #2: Second floor, 1 king, built-in sofa, private bath, oceanview
BR #3: Second floor, 1 king, built-in sofa, private bath, ocean view
Max. occupancy: 6 adults, 2 children
2018 Weekly Rates
Jan 6-Apr 20: $3,900
Apr 21-Aug. 31: $3,200
Sept. 1-Oct. 26: $2,400
Oct. 27-Nov. 16: $2,950
Nov. 24-Dec. 21: $2,950
Christmas or New Year's: $6,700
Rates include local tax.
Rates are based on 6 guests; add $300/week per person for additional guests (Max. 8). Rates include cook and all amentities. Saturday to Saturday reservations only.
$300 damage deposit will be collected in cash at check in and refunded at check out if there are no damages.
For larger groups, book Casa Soleada next door and Villa Playa Azul for maximum of 14 adults and 6 children
Plan your next vacation at Villa Playa Azul in Tankah. This beautiful beachfront vacation rental is ready and waiting for you to enjoy your tropical holiday south of the border. Playa Azul was designed to take advantage of the stupendous ocean views and gentle sea breezes.
Lounge in one of the second floor hammocks and you'll have views of the brilliant blue sea and the emerald green jungle. The white sand beach stretches as far as you can see. Another hammock hang-out is on the lower palapa patio overlooking the ocean. Sea Kayaks are provided so you can paddle around the bay and explore the area coast.
Playa Azul comfortably accommodates up to six adults and two children with three bedrooms. First bedroom is on the lower level with ocean views and private bath. Other two bedrooms, each with private bath, are on the second story and these also have stunning ocean views. Both upstairs bedrooms open onto the large open terrace with thatched roof; this is the perfect place to catch the sunrise over the sparkling turquoise sea or in the evening watch as the sun sets in the west.
Main floor of Playa Azul is open and airy with roomy living area, good size dining area and large, fully equipped kitchen. Numerous windows allow ample sunlight, providing a bright cheerful atmosphere and good ventilation with tropical breezes for your comfort.
Casa Playa Azul is located in Tankah, a stretch of beach with several other rental villas and two great restaurants just up the beach, Casa Cenote and Blue Sky. The Manatee Cenote is just across the street for a unique snorkeling experience.
If you are looking for a quiet, peaceful area, you'll love the solitude of Tankah. If you want to explore the Mayan ruins of Tulum, you're less than 10 minutes away. And, you'll also find other interesting sites within 20 minutes either direction. The town of Tulum is about 7 minutes away; Akumal is about 15 minutes north; Playa del Carmen is a 30 minute drive.
Most of the time you'll want to relax at Playa Azul: Lounging on the beach, sipping a cold cerveza on the second story terrace, snoozing in a hammock or enjoying a tasty margarita on the oceanfront patio.
Villa Playa Azul is a private vacation villa owned by Americans who have added extra special touches (such as the Sealy Posterpedic mattresses and fine quality Egyptian combed cotton sheets). The owners are graciously sharing their tropical hide-away with guests who will respect their property, the spectacular bay and its fragile coral ecology.
E-mail to reserve Playa Azul
Palapa patio has dining space as well as hammocks for lounging
Patio area on the second floor has both shaded and sunny areas